Warmer Weather Equals Hot Real Estate Markets!
Spring and summer are a great time to buy and sell a home- this seasonal real estate trend means that half of my residential business happens between the months of March-August! During this time, demand drives prices and inventory higher, so both buyers and sellers are likely to have more choices.
Why is this such an active time in the market? Here are a few reasons:
- Using our hometown as an example, the Las Vegas area is one of the top destinations for relocating retirees. These clients are likely to want to move during the pleasant weather months (remember, they haven’t lived in Las Vegas yet and may not know that July isn’t always “pleasant”!).
- Families desire to move while school is on summer break so the kiddos don’t miss classes and they can get settled before the next school year.
- The spring and summer months are not generally booked with family holiday plans.
For you, this means opportunity. As a buyer, you are likely to have more of a choice as demand drives supply higher. As a seller, you are likely to see healthy home prices in your area. However, it also means that vendors such as moving companies and repair services may require more notice to schedule your move.
What should you do next?
- If you are thinking of buying or selling a home give me a call- Shawn M. Preston 702.350.2289, or email today. I can help you understand seasonal real estate trends, pricing, and logistics. I can help you come to a solid and comfortable decision about buying or selling your home.
- Once you decide to buy or sell your home, start getting your ducks-in-a-row immediately. Preston Group can provide you with a list of trusted and reliable vendors (such as lenders, movers, and a handyman) to help you execute your move.
- Be excited! Spring or summer is a great time to move and Preston Group will help you every step of the way!